nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] (no subject)

From: Larry Weidig
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:10:21 -0500

        We are attempting to use the NSS MySQL program for authentication on
our servers.  The data has been loaded and we can login using the
information.  However, something is not quite right.  A simple perl program
like the one below takes 20+ seconds on a PIII-550 system with 768MB RAM to
read a 7000 user table that is located on a server which is very idle.

$| = 1;
while(my $username = getpwent()) {
  print $username;
}

        The syslog receives one of these messages for each of the users in
the database:

nss-mysql[7725]: _nss_mysql_strtol: string is empty.
nss-mysql[7725]: seten(0)t: Can't convert count  into integer. Reverting to
1. Check select unixAccount.uid from unixAccount where unixAccount.server
IN('*ALL','myserver') order by unixAccount.uid statement.

          It will eventually return the entire list however!  Any feedback
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

* Larry A. Weidig (address@hidden)
* Excel.Net,Inc. - http://www.excel.net/
* (920) 452-0455 - Sheboygan/Plymouth area
* (888) 489-9995 - Other areas, toll-free