nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] Re: Significant memory leak in nss_mysql

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] Re: Significant memory leak in nss_mysql
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 00:18:23 +0200

Hi Matt,

Dans un message du 14 mai à 13:44, Matt Peterson écrivait :
> These and several more calls are made to strdup() to duplicate strings that
> were obtained via the SQL query.  Hasn't anyone wondered who frees these
> strdup()ed buffers?  The answer appears to be that no one frees them.  I'm
> pretty sure glibc doesn't and most callers of the pwd.h functions don't
> either.

ouch, I do not understand how I missed that. Those parts have been there
forever. I thought I had double checked everything, *sigh*.

> The 'char *buf' and 'size_t buflen' arguments describe the buffer where you
> are supposed to place the strings that the passwd structure points to.
> Therefore, the char* values of result->pw_name, result->pw_passwd,
> result->pw_gecos, result->pw_dir, and result->pw_shell should point to
> locations inside buf (i.e. buf through buf+buflen).

OK. I am going to fix this asap and release a new version.

Thanks a lot for your remark.

Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                 People get the operating system they deserve.