nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] [bug #4192] Nonsensical join

From: nobody
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] [bug #4192] Nonsensical join
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:30:19 -0400

=================== BUG #4192: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4192&group_id=443

Submitted by: marcusjhdon             Project: NSS MySQL
Submitted on: Fri 07/04/2003 at 13:30
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  Hi

I have noticed that when we get an ipop login, the following query is used by
nss_mysql:

select groups.groupName,groups.groupId +
2000,groups.groupPassword,users.userName from groups LEFT JOIN usersGroups on
groups.groupId=usersGroups.groupId LEFT JOIN users on
usersGroups.userId=users.userId and users.status = 'A' where 1 = 1 and
groups.status = 'A'

The result of this is to return every single user, of which we have around
30,000! We have a load balancers cluster of 4 machines, but our pop server is
now so busy that if one machine goes offline, the others struggle to cope
unless we stop ipop.

Is this likely to be a bug with nss_mysql or ipop? Also, are you still working
on this project, since I notice there has been little activity recently?

Thanks in advance.

Marcus

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty