nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Possible bug in nss-mysql 1.0

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Possible bug in nss-mysql 1.0
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:21:42 +0200

Nicklas,

Dans un message du 23 Apr à 12:06, Nicklas Bondesson écrivait :
> I think I have found a bug in nss-mysql 1.0: mysqld crashes when nss-mysql
> in enabled in /etc/nsswitch.conf during startup of mysqld.

How do you start mysqld?  Do you (or does the script you use) start
mysqld with --user (or -u)?  If this is the case, try changing that into
a su -c "mysqld (your args here without -u)" user.  It should fix your
problem.  I saw that problem before it seems to be a bug in mysqld or in
the client library which gets confused because mysqlf is half-started.

Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                N'oublie pas ton sourire pour ce soir si tu sors
                                  (Noir Désir)