nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql dies

From: Dale Blount
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql dies
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:06:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

About once a day, I get this error in /var/log/messages:

Mar  7 20:53:48 boxname nss-mysql[28175]: _nss_mysql_db_connect:
connection failed: Host 'boxname.domain' is blocked because of many
connection errors.  Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

I then have to flush hosts before it lets me auth again.  I have 4
computers pointed at the same database, and this is the only one with
problems.  This one also seems to have the least amount of traffic, if
that makes any sense at all.  Nothing else on this box uses that mysql
server for anything, but ftpd does auth via mysql on a different host.

Is there anyway to see what queries this server sends to mysql on the
other host (nss-mysql or not)?

BTW, all 4 servers are identical hardware and OS.

Thanks,

Dale