nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] mysql broke

From: Doug Currey
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] mysql broke
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:28:46 -0500

I am setting up a system using nss-mysql using RedHat 9.  Everything went as
planned but if mysql doesn't start.  It just hangs.  No error messages
reported.  I have compiled it several different ways.  shadow disable,
groups disable debug enabled etc.  Get the same results.

If I remove the mysql entries from the nsswitch.conf file and start mysql it
starts correctly.  Place the mysql entries back in nsswitch.conf and
everything seems fine.  Until reboot or syql is restarted.

I have compared my nss-mysql.conf files with the ones on the rh 7.3 box and
they seem ok.

This is a rh9 system all patches in place mysql 3.23.56 nss-mysql 0.43.  Also
tried current cvs version same results.

Anybody have any ides.

Doug