nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] nufw in production environments

From: Javier de Miguel Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] nufw in production environments
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:04:01 +0200

Vincent Deffontaines escribió:

hareram said:
Hi

its very itnresting to hear that u have successfully installed

can you send me the steps
and Iptables scripts to run on linux
what distro have installed ??

We have developped a tool to generate netfilter rules, customized for NuFW
(or not). The tools is named Nuface and will be released soon.

Else, the principle of generating netfilter rules by hand works too, as
described in the documentation.

I cannot send you the iptables script as it is specific to my client, and
of course tells many things about his topology/internal informations.
However, the principles are simple :
send to QUEUE SYN, SYN ACK, and FIN packets to authenticate.

One tip... that ONLYworks with tcp. If you use -m state --state NEW to QUEUE all protocols should work,
not only tcp... or am i missing something?

Vincent

hare