nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] pam module

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] pam module
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:55:44 +0200

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 19:53 -0400, Julien Desfossez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm actually working in my spare time on a pam module to launch nutcpc
> with the good parameters when a user logs in on a linux machine, so

cool. I've started having a look at it but I start trying by working on
pam_iptables which implement all the hook I need to call libnuclient and
get it all working. The question that remains was how to stop the client
cleanly.

> I've modified a little the client to accept the password from stdin
> with an option (cause before it was flushing stdin to avoid the echo
> of the password), but I've a little problem : when the module tries to
> launch the client the following error occurs :
> "Can not initiate connection to NuFW gateway
> Problem : Bad file descriptor"

ok this look like a "I did not find the certificate message". Do you use
1.0.2+ ?
a certificate is not anymore necessary with these version.

In fact when you launch nutcpc with PAM you should not have HOME defined
so it can not find the certificate if there's any.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <address@hidden>
NuFW, Now User Filtering Works : http://www.nufw.org