nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Several errors in configure and compiling

From: Vincent Deffontaines
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Several errors in configure and compiling
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:57:15 +0200 (CEST)

Vincent SCHULTZ said:
> Ok, back to mysql problem.
>
> I removes all the symbolic links from /usr/lib to /usr/lib/mysql and
> restart a fresh install with :
>
> # ./configure --prefix=/opt/nufw  --with-ldap --with-user-mark
> --with-mysql-log
> checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no
> configure: error: mysqlclient library needed if selected
>
> So I attached the config.log.
>
> Vincent

Ok, this really looks like a problem on your system to me.
As config.log shows, your ld installation cannot see libmysqlclient.

It seems your system might ignore the ld.config.conf configuration, for
some reason I ignore. Maybe the old setup remains in cache?
Here are a few ideas :
Can you try to run ldconfig (as root, of course), then retry the
./configure ?
If it still doesn't work, can you try to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mysql and retry ?

Vincent