nufw-users

[Nufw-users] configuring nufw

From: maria perez
Subject: [Nufw-users] configuring nufw
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:11:37 +0100

Hello

I am configuring nufw in a host beside squid_nufw_helper in order to provide user authentication to squid and squidguard, squid is running in the same host like transparent proxy. I need this configuration to establish web access control to the system users of the host.

In my configuration without nufw I have working squid with the next configuration of iptables:
 iptables -t nat -N proxy
 iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j proxy
 iptables -t nat -A proxy -m owner --uid-owner squid -j RETURN
 iptables -t nat -A proxy -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

Now I am trying use nufw and squid_nufw_helper but I haven't achieved nufw works. I have configured nuauth with:

 nuauth_client_listen_addr="127.0.0.1"
 nuauth_nufw_listen_addr="127.0.0.1"
 nuauth_gw_packet_port=4129
 nuauth_user_packet_port=4130

nufw_gw_addr=127.0.0.1
nufw_gw_port=4128

nuauth_user_check_module = "libsystem"
nuauth_acl_check_module= "libplaintext"
nuauth_ip_authentication_module="libipauthident"

nuauth_user_logs_module="mysql"

plaintext_userfile="/etc/nufw/users.nufw"
plaintext_aclfile="/etc/nufw/acls.nufw"

mysql_server_addr="127.0.0.1"
mysql_server_port=3306
mysql_user="myuser"
mysql_pass="123456"
mysql_db_name="nulog"
mysql_table_name="ulog"

I have created the database 'nulog' with the file 'nulog.mysql.dump'.
I have given 'select','update' and 'insert' privileges to user 'myuser' in the table ulog of the database nulog, and 'select' privilege to user 'nufwuser' in the same table (this user is to squid_nufw_helper I was not sure if it had to be the same)

I have added to iptables:

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m owner ! --uid-owner squid -j QUEUE

(following the indications given to me in this list)

I launch nufw and nuauth with the commands:
nufw -D -vvvv -d 127.0.0.1 -p 4129
nuauth -D

but when I run the script nutop with the command:

./nutop -databasetype mysql -user myuser -pass '123456' -databasename 'nulog' -tablename 'ulog'

Nothing is showed, nufw doesn't detect any traffic.

¿Estás pensando en cambiar de coche? Todas los modelos de serie y extras en MSN Motor. http://motor.msn.es/researchcentre/