nufw-users

[Nufw-users] Re: Problem running nutcpc

From: Victor Stinner
Subject: [Nufw-users] Re: Problem running nutcpc
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:24:17 +0200

Hi,

> I downloaded and installed on debian (2.6.20-15-generic) nufw version
> 2.2.0-rc2.

This version is still in beta stage :-)

> When I launch nutcpc I get the following:
>
> Connecting to NuFW gateway (localhost)
> Server Certificate OK
> Enter password:
> Using mechanism PLAIN
> Authentication started...
>
> Unable to initiate connection to NuFW gateway
> Problem: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
>
> Can someone shed some light as what the problem could be?

NuFW 2.2 has a bug: it's not possible to tell if the problem is a TLS or an authentication problem. The most probable reason is an authentication failure.

First, check nuauth logs: should be /var/log/syslog (or in MySQL, it depends on your configuration). Run nuauth with -vvvvvvvvv (9v for debug level 9) to get all messages.

Check also:
  - nutcpc login and passwod: nutcpc command line
  - nuauth user module: file /etc/nufw/nuauth.conf,
    option "nuauth_user_check_module"

Please describe your nuauth options:
  log modules
  auth module
  acl module
  (or just attach your nuauth.conf without the passwords)

Victor