nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] nulog 2.1.4-1 + ulogd-pgsql 1.24-2.1

From: Glen Ogilvie
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] nulog 2.1.4-1 + ulogd-pgsql 1.24-2.1
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:40:29 +1200 (NZST)

----- "Vladimir Elizarov" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm install nulog 2.1.4-1 in debian lenny. Create databse, user.
> Insert
> dump sql nulog.pgsql.sql.
> Get error in ulogd:
>
> Mon Apr  6 16:39:51 2009 <7> ulogd_PGSQL.c:216 sql error during
> insert:
> ERROR:  column "ip_daddr" is of type inet but expression is of type
> bigint
> LINE 1:
> ...ck,tcp_urg,tcp_ackseq,tcp_seq,tcp_dport,tcp_sport,ip_daddr,i...
>                                                              ^
> HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

Hi,

It sounds like ulogd will be logging the ip_daddr as a bigint, rather than an
IP address.  What it does
is converts an IP address like 202.123.234.23 into decimal like: 3397118487.  I
think this is because in mysql, the is no type for inet.

To undrestand conversions, this site is handy:
http://www.allredroster.com/iptodec.htm

So, to fix this, you either need ulogd to use a stored procedure for inserts
that converts it to the right type, or alter the ulog table and change the
column type for ip_daddr to bigint. you will probably need to change the
ip_saddr column too.

I am assuming your using ulogd version 1, rather than 2?

Regards
Glen Ogilvie