nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Using CMF Localizer in Python based Products

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Using CMF Localizer in Python based Products
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:54:15 +0200

Hi,

My suggestion is to use the LocalPropertyManager (LPM) mixin class.
You can look at the LocalContent meta type for an example on how to
do it, after all, most of its features are actually provided by LPM,
it was developed to do what want to do. It would look like:

class myclass(LocalPropertyManager, PortalContent,
             DefaultDublinCoreImpl):

   _local_properties_metadata = ({'id': 'title', 'type': 'string'},
                                 {'id': 'body', 'type': 'text'})

   _properties = ()

   mage_options = ...

Well, look at LocalContent.py for details and ask any questions here.

Rainer Thaden wrote:

Hi,

i built a Product in Python with some Classes derived from
PortalFolder, PortalContent and DefaultDublinCoreImpl. The classes are
used for gathering information about employees, diploma theses etc.
They contain descriptions, images, html-code etc.
Now I want to provide information in english and german.
I'd like to use CMF Localizer for this.
Are there any clues or howtos which tell me where to start?
Should I do everything with a MessageCatalog? Even long descriptions
of theses? And what does locale content provide?

Many questions looking for answers ;)

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,