nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Message Catalog, user interface

From: Luistxo Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Message Catalog, user interface
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:20:20 +0200

>>The need to save each message before you switch language or go to the next
>>message is boring. How about...
>>
>>Save this and go to: english SPANISH french
>>
>>Save this and go: << (back) (forward) >>
>>
>>You would also need a Cancel button, which would restore the unedited msg in
>>case you have doubts about the translation you have typed...
>>
>>Just personal thoughts...
>>

>It looks too much comeplex, for both the user and me (I've to implement
>it ;-)
>
>Of course the experienced user could take advantage of that. But I'm
>more to keep it simple. Even graphical tools like KBabel don't provide
>these features.

They didn´t consult me :-)

As you have rejected my petition, I´ll make another one. Why only one textfield
showing only one language version at a time? Can´t we show multiple textareas
as the *body* property of LocalContent does, with all languages shown at a time?

>>>The form to add new messages would be removed, does anybody find it
>>>useful??
>>>

>>seldom, but in those few occasions it has been useful for me.
>>

>Oh! I've never used it, do you remember an example??

Date related strings. I typed them into Zope code but in order to have all
strings collected by the MessageCatalog I needed to *produce* every month page,
or day-of-the-week combination, so the MessageCatalog could collect them all...
it was easier to add each string manually.

Luistxo