nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: [Zope] NuxDocument Nonfunctional

From: Myroslav Opyr
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: [Zope] NuxDocument Nonfunctional
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:58:49 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

Apparently Localizer (in fact, python gettext module) didn't correctly
parse the charset of the .po files... Are they standard .po files? There
should be a Content-Type: xxx; charset=foo header in them.

If you could add debug statements to /local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py to
track this down it would be helpful.

Florent, why Zope Product would require Localizer to be installed to function correctly? We've just removed all gettext form .dtml files to make it work. ZMI is mainly in English and that is pretty good solution until Zope provide Basement for Product l10n. Until that time I see no reason to force users to install Localizer just to see ZMI of that one product (NuxDocument in our case) in other language. Note, there is no fallback mechanism to make it work without Localizer installed.

And here is the case to mention our NuxDocument patch. We had to remocve all convesions because NuxDocument just corrupted generated HTML from wvWare which was perfect for use in our case (UTF-8 encoding). What maillist is correct place for discussion of NuxDocument?

m.

In article <address@hidden> you write:
On FreeBSD 4.7 I'm running Zope 2.5.1 that I've patched with all the
Unicode diffs from http://www.zope.org/Members/efge/i18n/Unicode-2.5.1.
I've also installed Localizer 1.0.0. All in an attempt to get
NuxDocument 1.1alpha functional. (I've installed all the necessary
converter apps as well: wvWare, etc.) I *think* I've installed
NuxDocument correctly, but the very first instruction is confusing:

"Install the product in Products (NOT lib/python/Products!). The
ZNuxDocument product should appear in the ZMI."

Well, the *only* "Products" directory in existence on my system is
lib/python/Products. So that's where I stuck it. Now I see a
"NuxDocument" available as something I can Add in the ZMI (not
"ZNuxDocument").

Problem is, whenever I try to Add a NuxDocument, I get the following
Traceback from Localizer:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Error Type: LookupError
Error Value: unknown encoding
Traceback (innermost last):
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150,
in publish_module
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/Localizer/__init__.py,
line 58, in new_publish
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114,
in publish
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98, in
publish
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 88, in
mapply
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 39, in
call_object
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py,
line 252, in __call__
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py,
line 283, in _bindAndExec
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/Localizer/LocalFiles.py,
line 100, in _exec
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py, line 172, in
_exec
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line
179, in eval
   (Object: manage_form_title(this(), _,
                            form_title=gettext('Add ZNuxDocument')))
   (Info: this)
 File <string>, line 0, in ?
 File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/Localizer/LocalFiles.py,
line 82, in gettext
   (Object: addForm)
 File /usr/local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py, line 195, in ugettext
LookupError: (see above)

--
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/> ° Ukrainian Zope Hosting