nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Searching multilingual CMF sites

From: Myroslav Opyr
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Searching multilingual CMF sites
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:42:30 +0200

Greg Ward wrote:

 * searching for words with non-ASCII characters is tricky -- IMHO,
   searching for "francais" should yield the same as searching for
   "français", ie. the index should take care of collapsing accented
   characters somehow.  But I'm no linguist -- that might just
   squeak by with accents in French, but whether the same approach
   would work for Nordic å or German ß, I don't know.  Anyways,
   this should be up to either the index or the vocabulary -- it's
   not my problem!
There is TextIndexNG from Andreas Yung, which does that. You may take a look.

m.
--
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/> ° Ukrainian Zope Hosting