nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer The thread ... don't has a request obje

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer The thread ... don't has a request object associated
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:12:18 +0100

Joachim Werner wrote:

Hi!

I am getting tons of these when I run apache benchmark against my site with concurrency > 1:

2003-02-20T21:24:51 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at /instances/myStuff/help (4 conflicts since startup at 2003-02-20T21:24:03)
------
2003-02-20T21:24:52 PROBLEM(100) Localizer The thread number 4101 don't has a request object associated.

There always is a conflict error followed by the "thread has no request" error.

Is this something you know of? Is the get_request patch not thread safe or so?

I am not sure if it is Localizer's fault that there is a conflict error. I would not expect those to happen unless there is a write taking place. I am using sessions, so maybe they do the write ...

I know it happens, I don't know why.

The line that produces the log message is __init__.py:67

The code in the new_publish method performs three steps:

1. Stores the request object in a dictionary (the key is the thread
   number)

2. Calls the Zope publisher

3. Removes the request from the global dictionary

Theoretically the third step never should fail, but some people
reported it failed with a KeyError exception, so I put it inside
a try/except clause. What you see is the message printed in the
except block.

If somebody has any idea of why this happens, don't hesitate to
share it.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software