nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer is amazing, structured text is still no

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer is amazing, structured text is still not working, trouble with automatic translations
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:59:38 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

I now have about 8 job boards which have some of their text in 9 different
languages.

Thank you very much to the people who wrote localizer, and all of zope!

:-) Let me take credit for the first one, thanks too to the people that contributed
with paches, feedback, etc..

I have enough text in foreign languages to show up on native language searches
in Google.  The rest of the web page translations will follow soon.
_____
Sadly I am not able to get structured text working with local content objects.
Any Ideas.
<dtml-var expr="WelcomeMessage.body">
works just fine.

As soon as I add in the fmt statement
<dtml-var expr="WelcomeMessage.body" fmt=structured-text>
I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: meta_type

I would love to be able to keep my
<dtml-var TechnologyName>
statements working in the translated text!

See the message:

 http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/nuxeo-localizer/2003-03/msg00033.html

_____

The other problem I am having is that the free translation engines will
translate a html fragment to european languages happily, but for the oriental
languages, they display the result with frames so that I can not grab the source
html fragment.  I can only copy over the text.  Which means that I loose
hyperlinks, and mailto: links in the translation.

Anyhow, all my problems aside, I think that localizer is amazing.  I cannot
think of many other job boards that are multilingual!

Regards
Christopher Lozinski
address@hidden
http://www.jobmart.com