Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!

From: Steve Mosher
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:59:43 -0300

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Dave O'Toole wrote:
> Steve Mosher wrote:
> These are good questions. You've prodded me to start a brief (one or two
> pages) OCTAL Technical Article on the subject, explaining some possible
> approaches, including the (probably not really new) method I've
> brainstormed, as well as other approaches. I'm going to use LaTeX
> because I am becoming more and more prone to express things that way
> now. I think we may end up with a combination of techniques.

        Yay! I'm the instigator of change! Hail me! =) Okay, seriously,
anything that causes anyone to do anything productive is good. Speaking
of which, I've started to write a C++ class for manipulating sample
buffers (and it's been a while since I've written *anything* in C++). I
find I need to cache quite a chunk of data and do nasty things to it for my
flazicator that I've gone and written a support lib (well, I've got one
func left to write, then I start debugging). The cute thing is, you could
manipluate any type of string data by changing the samp type =).

> Explicitly setting every mixer setting is a pain, but being able to set
> (and dynamically script, i.e. fadeins) the levels I choose to set should
> also be possible, as in Buzz. So there will be both an automatic mixer
> as close to Buzz's as we can get it, as well as facilities for
> controlling it yourself when you want to.

        Good idea.

--
"declare yourself to not be a terrorist, and follow the instructions for
upgrade."