Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!

From: Steve Mosher
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:18:12 -0300

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Dave O'Toole wrote:
> Neat. I'm expecting most machine coders will want to use the (coming
> soon!) C++ wrapper for the API (which will simplify "bookkeeping".) See
> what happens if you use octal.h's typedefs (so that users can recompile
> for 64-bit floats etc.)

        Actually, I have been using typedefs from octal.h =). The virgin
code is all written now, but I haven't compiled/tested it yet. As soon as
I verify that it works, I'll distribute it. I'll likely do the final test
on character string data (it makes no difference, I'll just redefine the
type) so that I can verify it by hand. The reason I wrote it is that I
don't have version of my flazicator that's written the 'right' way -- this
will allow me to do that easily. As such, I'll provide the standalone
flazicator as well, so you all can see^H^H^Hhear what it does.

        I have a question, does anyone know how to write a reasonable
pitch-shifter? I know that pitch shifting audio data (i.e. -without-
changing its speed/duration) is gruesome work, but it can be a good
correctional component for many effects.

--
"declare yourself to not be a terrorist, and follow the instructions for
upgrade."