[Octal-dev] Topological Sort

From: Richard Wesley Todd
Subject: [Octal-dev] Topological Sort
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:45:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hey,

I noticed you had mentioned a topological sort of your connected
machines for efficient rendering of the sound.  I have done some work for
topological sorting and have an algorithm that not only orders tasks, but
groups them such that they can be run safely in parallel on SMP machines.

I wrote it up earlier, and anyone interested can see it at:
http://www.flash.net/~richardt

(embarrasingly simple page, I know)

It's not much more expensive than the simpler serial topological sort, and
I think the option of parallel execution would increase the maximum
concurrent voices on SMP systems.

best of luck,
Richard Todd