Re: [Octal-dev] porting thoughts

From: Helmut Orian
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] porting thoughts
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:56:01 +0200

Hi Dave,

I have installed the latest GIMP for WIN32 and if not using themes the
performance seems
equal to the linux-version....
furthermore, till now i had no crashes of the WIN32 version...
I was interrested in writing portable Programms and saw that GTK+ is
available
for WIN32, so i started to take look at GTK 4 weeks ago (at work i am
programming QT).
I used the latest GTK+ lib for WIN32, and the mingw-gcc (no MSVC :) and
compiled
my tests on both systems changing only the makefile...
the tests have been small, but i experienced no problems...
bye the way, at the gimpforwin32-dev mailinglist you can get information
what works
and what not...

i cant await working with octal (buzz crashed 5 times yesterday :(  )

Helmut...