[Octal-dev] OCTAL Machine Registry

From: Dave O'Toole
Subject: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Machine Registry
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:31:24 -0400

Neil Nelson wrote:

> Avelino,
>
> You are amazing.  I have put your new filter code in my octal-alpha

I agree. Great work!

> If this is not your intention, please let us know.  Plus it seems to me
> that a contributors list should be provided in a README file much
> like as done with the SoX distribution. E.g.,

I've got an easier solution. I'm going to be setting up a web repository
very soon, perhaps with Sourceforge. Something similar to the GIMP
Plugin Registry.

Basically, this allows people to check in new machines as they are
written, over the web, without having to wait for me and without having
to go through the paperwork involved when GNU is going to distribute
contributed code itself. I think it will be a much cleaner and
less-hassle way to distribute machines... perhaps the help file can even
be packaged along with the source, or (even better) embedded in the
comments in LaTeX form. Oh, wait, not everyone is as obsessed with TeX
as I am. But it would be cool to be able to distribute Octal machines
all in one file, doc and code together. :-).

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden