RE: [Octal-dev] possible API cleanup: opinions, please?

From: mts
Subject: RE: [Octal-dev] possible API cleanup: opinions, please?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:17:33 +0200

I think it will be easy to understand, more logical and clean if the Core
sends the nochange message.
I can imagine parameters that are "tick related", it's said that they need
to be finished for every tick, as well as parameters that are "sustainable",
so you need to specifically  finish it, (like note/ note off).

Its cleaner that for every param ( including the note ) you can write
something like

if (param == NO_CHANGE)
        // do something
else
        // do something else

This way you can convert // do something to // do nothing for the 9x% of
uses, but you can do something if you want. Imagine a parameter called
PROGRESIVE RESONANCE. that increases independently from the pattern while
the no_change message it's received and resets itself to a gparam-given
value when it receives and restart the cycle from that value.

Life is deadly. It always manages to kill you

Unkargherth <address@hidden>
http://www.unkargherth.f2s.com