Re: [Octal-dev] Octal converted code for SoX flanger.c (soxflanger.c)

From: Dave O'Toole
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] Octal converted code for SoX flanger.c (soxflanger.c)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 02:21:57 -0400

Neil,

this is fabulous! I have not had a chance to try it out for myself yet,
as I am in the process of dismantling everything and putting it back
together :-). The existing main.c was a "demo" and I am rewriting it to
put the main "permanent" architecture in place.

Please check out the mail I posted to the list recently, this
constitutes the last remaining changes to the OX_API before it is
"frozen" (i.e. no more breaking plugins.) :::

1. ox_track must now return int
2. ox_create must now return int
3. there are constants ox_zombie and ox_success to return according to
what happens

This will allow OCTAL to safely remove a "zombie" machine in the event
that memory allocation fails inside a plugin. The next code release will
reflect the changes to the docs and headers.

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden