Re: is octal dead.

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: is octal dead.
Date: Mon Oct 30 09:19:01 2000

agreed ;)

just posted this because i restarted composing with buzz yesterday after a
quite long pause ;)

I keep wanting to, but NOT letting myself do much new stuff with Buzz sort of keeps me working on Octal :-) cause I want to finish it and do tons of new tracks.

btw i saw that some people were using windows' dll to enable replaying of
proprietary
video format using windows codecs... if octal is not dead, it may be hackable
to use
some wine code to load buzz machines' dll...

Oddly enough that was the original scope of the Octal project ,waaaay back in '99 when this all started. I later decided that I'd like to go beyond it and do a fresh start that had fewer limitations and more flexibility. But the API's are just similar enough that we may be able to do a wrapper. Is anyone familiar with Wine ? I've run Buzz on it (slowly) but I don't know much about its internals.