Re: nope! still fresh

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: nope! still fresh
Date: Wed Nov 1 01:49:02 2000

Timo Tossavainen wrote:

Some thoughts on avoiding the zipper effect in control data: You could
make the control-rate higher than the event-rate in patterns and then
The control rate is already higher than the event rate in patterns, as Octal uses a block-oriented architecture. The plugin API is designed so that you can ignore the tracker event rate (you can still get the tick length etc if you want a delay length based on ticks). Going to the sample level we can add another parameter slot---that is, the machine already recieves one parameter value per generated block per column per track, but if we send two the machine can interpret the first as the value at the start of the block and the second as the end value, and linearly interpolate the values. (With the block sizes we'll be using this should eliminate zipper.)