Re: Octal?

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: Octal?
Date: Tue Nov 28 06:42:02 2000

David O'Toole wrote:

> I'd be willing to bet that it's soundcard.h ... if they are using an
> older distro, IIRC this might be in a different directory or even not
> present at all. Can you be a bit more specific about the error message?
> Also, what tar file version did you download?

Yes, that's it. I tried to compile version 0.3a and got the error
message
"output.c:23: sys/soundcard.h: No such file or directory".
I haven't found the file anywhere else, so I haven't been able to fix
it.

> The synth core is implemented and working, as well as the audio bit and
> plugin API.

Does that mean that I can start writing machines and listen to them?

> I would say that help in bug-finding would be a big assistance... once
> the GUI versions are out and we start playing around with the controls,
> it would be very helpful for people to collect info on crashes (if any!
> :-) This is something that doesn't involve a huge amount of spare time,
> just reporting what happens and what triggered it, what messages were
> produced, etc.

If Octal is going to be anything like i picture it, I will spend ALL my
spare time playing with it. Almost.

--ll