release? plus other stuff

From: Luka Frelih
Subject: release? plus other stuff
Date: Tue Nov 28 15:03:08 2000

>Sadly, not quite yet :-(. The synth core is implemented and working, as
>well as the audio bit and plugin API. Part of the GUI (the network
>builder with little boxes like in Buzz) is partially built. Basically
>the only remaining part to write is the sequencer and song interface.
>Another project (developing software for an online magazine) has taken
>some time away from my work on Octal these past few months, but that is
>finishing up within the week (FINALLY! :-). I am very excited to get
>back to work on Octal

is the code now capable of loading and exercising machines? if so, i'd really
like to se another interim release without the unfinished bits, just something
to enable us to write machines for the final API and test/hear them... so that
once the system is finished there will also be some machines for it.

or am i talking nonsense and there exists some CVS server somewhere?

i'm also thinking about websites which would collect machines and now i
want to write a tool which would load a plugin and spit out the machine
info in some text form
using the API, probably easier than parsing the source... :) this way even
the website
could know the parameters needed for any machine. hey, you could compose in
a browser... :)

one more thing is about a thread on this list some time ago - has anyone
taken the
sine approximation tables code and made it into a plugin? i think it was
never posted...