Re: Octal-dev digest, Vol 1 #116 - 2 msgs

From: Matt Thomas
Subject: Re: Octal-dev digest, Vol 1 #116 - 2 msgs
Date: Mon Jan 8 02:48:02 2001

 > This is something I've looked at in depth. There might be a wrapper
> eventually, but there's no way I can substitute ladspa for Octal's API
> (this was an issue at one point in my discussion with a few of the team
> members.) They are moving Ladspa in a direction that doesn't work well
> in an application of this type. I suspect it will be possible to build
> an Octal plugin that then loads a LADSPA plugin, but it won't work with
> all of them from what I can tell.
>
> I am trying to get the beta going in the next few weeks so we will know
> soon enough :-)

That's a shame. It's always nice when you can reuse good
code. Anyway, thanks for the swift reply. Also, you haven't
posted any requests for UI/Feature commentary (that I've
seen.) I assume it's way too early for any of that stuff.
But, please message this list if/when you desire that kind
of input (I would love to help :)

-Matt Thomas