updates

From: David O'Toole
Subject: updates
Date: Fri Jan 19 06:33:03 2001

I've been working a huuuuge amount of time these past few weeks on
Octal. Rewrote several parts, got a real start on the UI, and I am happy
to say that the program is rapidly on approach to a beta release. Just in
the past few days, the codebase has taken quite a stride.

There are some screenshots and a bit of text here:

http://dto.qwsi.net/new_shot.png
http://dto.qwsi.net/new_shot2.png

You will be able to play with machines very soon, the codebase is very
close to having that. The GUI components to play with that are being coded
now, so those of you who have written plugins or are interested in doing
so, I would say keep your eyes open.

This is so great, because the drudgery of the IPC plumbing architecture is
over now :-). Now is the addictive part where I can play with the GUI and
code and code and code! :-)

/me is excited

comments welcome, will be making a release soon.