Re: A Sound Gimp

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: A Sound Gimp
Date: Mon Jan 22 14:18:01 2001

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Bullwinkle J. Moose wrote:

about Propellerheads...  if there's no legal way to implement the official
standard, perhaps it would be cool to ask developers what their gripes are
about the current system. analyze its faults, and try to come up with
improvements. Then build something new.

Good thoughts. ... basically what we'd need is a naming/connection daemon,
and a universal transport control API.

Maybe SMPTE for timing? How about this. OCTAL was originally proposed to
GNU as part of the GNU Free Film Project... they've been quiet for a long
while but I should check and see who's doing what.

> i don't think it would be difficult... BSD style ports would probably be a
> good
> starting point...

I'm not very familiar with BSD systems. Can you fill me in on what BSD
ports are?

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden