Re: Octal-dev digest, Vol 1 #123 - 5 msgs

From: Jared
Subject: Re: Octal-dev digest, Vol 1 #123 - 5 msgs
Date: Tue Jan 23 16:36:02 2001

AFAIK there aren't any phasing issues, as a multiply is just a scale, it's
when you start doing complex multiplications that the phasing starts.

A cooler way to do the cross-envelope would be as a simple vocoder type
thing (you know, that robot/keyboard/voice type thing). You get both input
signals and put them through a set of, say 8, filters that cover the whole
spectrum of the sound.  You then use the energy in each filtered B section
to change the amplitude of the sound in each filtered A section.  Then you
recombine A and spit it out again. You could even do whacky things like
making the high frequencies in A effected by the low frequencies in B etc.
I saw this description on the net somewhere ages ago, with pretty pictures
and everything.

I to have only DSP experience in matlab (and a little bit of hacked DSP
assembler), and am really wanting to get into PC based stuff, so I am more
than willing to help out (and be helped out) on this one.  So Brendan, or
anyone else for that matter, give me a yell and lets do this sucker :)