it works after killing esd - doh!

From: Luka Frelih
Subject: it works after killing esd - doh!
Date: Sun Feb 25 22:09:05 2001

> about the bug with my machine - i hope my sound setup is not
> too screwed up... cause i think the call to open /dev/dsp in init_sound
> never returns so the core stops initializing
> i must definitely learn how to use a debugger :)

i feel like a total newbie...
after using lsof to find out that esd is hogging the oss driver
and killing esd - octal works for me! cool!!!

dto: how many threads octal uses now? what does each one do?

ok people its time to post machines i guess... :)
remembering the sinewave thread way back - has anyone
taken that and made it into a machine yet?

LF