Re: it works after killing esd - doh!

From: Luka Frelih
Subject: Re: it works after killing esd - doh!
Date: Mon Feb 26 00:45:04 2001

> A great frontend to GDB that I have been using is GNU DDD. It's available
> at http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd I think.

will try... maybe i learn anything

> Hmm! That's weird. If XMMS is playing thru ESD on my system, and I try to
> start Octal, it just gives an error message that it can't open the device,
> and exits. I wonder why the call isn't returning on your system? Maybe we
> should compare ESD version numbers.

my esd is 0.2.22
and the sound card is an es1731
could it be the sound driver?

> This is kind of ironic, since your problem turned out to be not a deadlock
> bug but ESD :-). But anyway, when you first posted it I thought it was a

well if it made you improve something then it was worth stumbling acrros
also if anyone runs into it again they might learn quicker from my mistake...

it was late before, now it's getting early - i have to sleep :)

LF