Downloading fixes (was Re: new machine)

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Downloading fixes (was Re: new machine)
Date: Sun Mar 11 23:39:04 2001

> Ben pointed out, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and it'll also
need
> to be changed when params start arriving as floats instead of ints.

What's nice about this is that it'll be simpler :-). No more scaling
parameters on every event, etc. All you'll have to do is cast the value
to int in cases where you might use it as an array index or switch
statement argument.

> There's also plenty of other stuff to be done to it, but it's at a
state
> where it should be interesting to play with.  :)

Ack, I forgot to post those instructions to the list. You won't be able
to play with this nice new machine until you download the latest CVS
snapshot of Octal. Here's how to get access to the new anonymous cvs:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octal login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octal checkout octal

--
@@@ david o'toole