some simple physical modelling

From: Matt Stanton
Subject: some simple physical modelling
Date: Mon Mar 12 10:39:09 2001

SimpleString is a simple plucked string synth.  It uses the
Karplus-Strong physical model with damping.

It's almost identical to Geonik's Plucked String synth for Buzz, but
with one important difference:  new plucks will cut off older ones.
I've thought of two ways (that don't involve allocating memory on new
plucks) to fix this:

1.  Allocate 16 or so buffers, and assign new plucks to them in some
method.

2.  Assign a buffer of the correct length (samplerate / frequency) to
every note, then poll each every time ox_work is called.

Neither seems like a particularly good method to me.  Am I just being
too picky, or is there a better way?

Matt Stanton
address@hidden