Re: octalmachines & gearlib

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: octalmachines & gearlib
Date: Wed Mar 14 17:12:02 2001

> the wavetable? or just the 'channels'

The changes are:

1. ox_track turning into ox_channel (plus the semantics of the call
change)
2. all params are now floating point, which means the "scaling" thing
goes away
3. param_specs are specified as strings to allow easier future
extension, rather than as a struct (what happens if we need new fields?)
4. ox_update turning into ox_event

This should be the last of the non-backward-compatible changes. It's
best to make them now while there are
only a few machines. Everything else is extensions (package functions
for the wavetable, etc.)

> when i open the control box it starts looping, setting some params in a loop
>(mod_types specifically), never coming to really drawing the controlbox.

Looking through, I notice the machine_type::num_params is set wrong in
ox_init when the type is registered. There are 17 parameters but this is
listed as 16.
But that doesn't sound like the real problem. Are you using the latest
CVS octal? An infinite loop in the soxchorus ox_update() could cause a
problem.

> when this one works, i'll start on the other 3 plugins from neil.

It's probably best to do this on the weekend when the new manual comes
out. If you do it now, you'll have to go throught it all again :-).
I will look at the code asap... I can probably help port it.

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden