Re: i can crash octal, can you too?

From: luka
Subject: Re: i can crash octal, can you too?
Date: Mon Mar 19 12:12:01 2001

> Haha, yes. There is a line in engine.c that says something like "FIXME:
> validate connection". The algorithm needs an acyclic directed graph
> (otherwise there is no order to put the machines in for execution), so
> before making a connection I need to make sure there's no cycles (such
> as a->b and b->a, which is what you're doing when you try to disconnect

never trust the user! :) i guess if the new connection creates a cycle, there
should also be a check if it's possible to connect the machines in the other
direction...

> > > btw, i'm playing with freeverb. :) will post it as soon as the new api
> > > comes out.
> > That's great!  I love freeverb.
> Yes, that's great luka! How does it sound?

it just sounds... smooth! not sure yet if all the parameter values i'm sending
to the model are in the right ranges, and desc() needs to be better, but other
than that it was really easy. the model compiled almost cleanly, and i made an
octal interface for it from Serf's SimpleSynth & the Freeverb VST interface. it
came out really short :) i'm not the best in c++ so i was surprised that it
took me just a few hours to do it all. hats off to jezar for making this
available - its plain nice of him!
and the work() is just one function call... :)

> took discrete math :-) so we are spending lots of time.) I'll have the
> new stuff out ASAP.

ok... will check the cvs from time to time

LF