Octal on FreeBSD

From: johngnu
Subject: Octal on FreeBSD
Date: Fri Mar 30 00:24:02 2001

Hello, all.

This is my first appearance on this list (though I'm a
fairly long-time lurker), and I'll preface this by warning
you that I don't know much about how DSP works, or
about other internal OS functionality.

What I'm wondering is if Octal will be able to work 100%
on FreeBSD.  Specifically, I remember some talk earlier
in regards to Linux' low-latency capabilities... if these
same features are not found in FreeBSD, will that impair
performance?

Another thing that alerted me to the possibility that Octal
may not be entirely compatable with FreeBSD is that
Soundtracker (a Gtk+ tracker) requires some patches to
work on FreeBSD.

Thanks for all input.

-
John