RE: GR_conv::vol2db

From: Unkargherth
Subject: RE: GR_conv::vol2db
Date: Mon Apr 23 17:18:04 2001

-----Mensaje original-----
De: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden nombre de
Marco Ballini
Enviado el: lunes, 23 de abril de 2001 00:21
Para: address@hidden
Asunto: GR_conv::vol2db

>I just took a (very) quik look at vol2db in GR_conv.c:

><float vol2db( float vol)   // must be in range 0.0- 1.0
>{
>    return(log10(vol));
>}

>But shouldn't it be voldB = 20*log10(vol) ?:

>float vol2db( float vol)   // must be in range 0.0- 1.0
>{
>    return(20*log10(vol));
>}
Sure . Correcetd and Uploaded

>And why not use official notation of dB instead of db ?

Ok. I corrected in function names. but see no point in doing it on param
name (it's easy to write)

Thanks for correction.

On the other side, I recenly uploaded more code snippets to gearlib. A
linear Interpolator, a Cubic Spline Interpolator and a generic Envelope
Class . If somebody could look at ir, i appreciate his suggestions

Now I'm working on derived classes from Envelope, a hierarchy for basic
Filters and a math module for Gearlib. On the last.. somebody knows a fast
float implemenattion of a sine/cosine replacement ? I checked Music DSP, but
the code archive lacks some explanations ( it's in a kind of pseudo code
that it's not easy to understand for me

If somebody could help ....