RE: Gearlib as a DSP Library

From: Unkargherth
Subject: RE: Gearlib as a DSP Library
Date: Wed May 30 17:57:01 2001

As when I startted to upload code to the GEARLIB section of cvs in
octalmachines project i was the first, I used ( or tried to) my own naming
conventions and guidelines set. Obviously i'ts open for discusion, but
bassically

.- All the source files ar named Something Like GR_<Name>.xx

.- All the functions are named something Like GR_NameOfTheFunction

.- All the functions are classes something Like GR_NameOfTheFunction

.- All the public methods are named GR_ClassName::MethodName

.- All all the private/protected methods are named as you want

.- All the Attributes (supossing they are private to the class) are named as
you want

.- I'm tried to avoid satic declarations ( dto knows it well )

.- Avoid int's in calculations

.- At the risk of seeming stupid for the obviousness, but seems important.
Better don't include any code that doesn' clean compile !!!

.- I tried to make ( whenever i could figure out) a C version AND a C++
Version ( ie define structures and functions AND THEN a class wrapper to use
it from C++)

.- There's a  GR_Base.h file who make all non GearLib Includes with the
convenient #ifdef's. And it's the Only Place where we include this files.
>From GEARLIB files we imake #include GR_Base.h

.- There's a GR_All.h file that make #inlcudes of all the GR_xxx.h files
 to simplify de GEARLIB Make)

.- While we discuss and agree another way to do it, all params from CORE
OX_API shoulds be passed to the functions by value
.- The standard CORE API def's ( param, samp and so ) shouldn't be used In
GEARLIB ( to maintain the independence)

I tried to follow this Guidelines in all the source i've uploaded ( and the
parts that I didn't uploaded too) but if you check it, be prepared to find
mistakes realted to the previous list. I'll try to correct it as soon as
posible