Re:serial mixing console?

From: ccastiglione
Subject: Re:serial mixing console?
Date: Thu Jun 7 12:00:23 2001

Are you asking about a software mixer app which would interface through the
serial port to an external device that is controlled by the software, or an
external mixing board which controls software synthesis?

Not that it really matters much to your question since I don't know of the
existence of either thing. :)  I'm just performing the reader exersizes, I
guess.

Maybe it's too obvious to bother mentioning, but there are lots of devices that
send MIDI signals from sliders / knobs.  If you have even a cheapo SB card and
the MIDI adapter cable, you could use one of these things with any app that
accepts MIDI.  The German company Doepfer, in particular, makes some simple ones
which are very cheap, see www.doepfer.de for details if you're interested.