Newbie questions

From: Joe
Subject: Newbie questions
Date: Wed Jan 2 03:03:02 2002

Hullo,

I've just stumbled across Octal and have a couple of quick questions. I
hope this isn't an inappropriate place to ask them. Here goes:

1. How does Octal compare with MAX/PureData? (In terms of performance and
capabilities - I guess my question is "Why go the Buzz way instead?")

2. How open is the project to design/architecture suggestions? So, for
example, I'd quite like sequencer-like devices to be a species of
machine. This would enable, say, a random noodling box. A cursory
inspection suggests this would not be possible within the current
framework.

Thanks. Oh and BTW congratulations on producing both a functional program
and developer documentation :)

Cheers,
Joe