Re: stereo should be enough for anyone?

From: Niklas Wallen
Subject: Re: stereo should be enough for anyone?
Date: Tue Apr 9 19:12:01 2002

> How about calling them "busses"?  That's the real-world analogy to what you
> have
> on a hardware mixer.  You even use the term BUS in your constant name!

Oh, all righty then. :) I thought of the bus as the whole set of channels..

> For what it's worth I think this is a very useful feature that should be
> included in all software nowadays given how much cheaper and more plentiful
> multi-channel, er, output, er, bus -- whatever! -- sound interfaces have
> become
> in the past few years.

Absolutely. I've got a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (aka Videologic Sonic Fury) which
supports 6 speakers and I want to experiment with them. The problem is that
there
are no programs (that I know of) that can do it. But octal will, wheey :)

--
Niklas W