status and suggestions

From: zsh
Subject: status and suggestions
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:16:42 -0500

hi,

octal is a cool idea and resembles in many ways a project I abandoned
long ago. I'd like to contribute but I'm wondering, what is the current
status? is it being actively hacked upon?

Also, I was looking through the CVS and I saw your [dto] shells of
implementations of some data structures in ObjC. Instead of reinventing
the wheel, I have to recommend octal use ObjC wrappers around the
Kazlib, which is robust and well tested:

        http://users.footprints.net/~kaz/kazlib.html

It already has a dictionary component, and Set.m could be easily implemented
with Kazlib's hash component. The only problem with Kazlib that I can
think of is that it is not GNU licensed, but instead has a license that
is analogous to BSD: freedom to modify and distribute in source or
binary as long as copyright recognition is given.

--
Zack Hamm / address@hidden
Believe nothing.