Announcing JAMM

From: Jimmy Hale
Subject: Announcing JAMM
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:28:42 -0700

Hey Octal Developers,

I’d like to announce that I’ll be creating an Octal based product called Jimmy’s Autonomous Media Machine (JAMM). It will be GPL so all value added pieces I end up writing I will contribute back to the project (hope I’m using the right lingo, I’m just getting started doing the GPL dance J At this time the plan is to copy the MySQL business model, i.e., the program is GPL, the company sells various services to support it. My immediate needs are for a Linux based sequencer to use at my jams. Ultimately I want JAMM to support jam sessions over the internet via an application service provider (ASP) architecture. But, that’s many, many months down the road, and is Internet II dependent as well. In the meantime I’ll be happy to get Louie Louie to come out of my Linux laptop J

---

Take care,

Jimmy Hale, aka, Fast Jimmy

www.fastjimmy.com