Re: cvs snapshoot error in lex.cc

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: cvs snapshoot error in lex.cc
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:45:14 -0500 (CDT)

On 21-Oct-1999, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

| "John W. Eaton" wrote:
|
| > On 20-Oct-1999, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| > | After configuring the latest cvs snapshot with the following command on
| > | a sco-3.2v.5.0.4 with egcs-1.1.2,

| I had not gperf installed in my system; a zero byte oct-gperf.h was however
| in the src directory.

If you use the CVS archive, you have to have all the maintainer-type
tools.  I only check in the ultimate sources to CVS, not any of the
files that can be generated automatically.

If you use the tar file distributions of the bleeding-edge sources,
you shouldn't need things like gperf, autoconf, autoheader, makeinfo,
etc.