Re: TRACING

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: TRACING
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:19:17 -0800

It's quite possible that that variable has gone away, there have been some big changse to Octave internals since I wrote that code. You might try comparing that file, i.e. pt-emit-cplusplus.cc, to the 2.1.55 of Octave's pt-pr-code.cc---that file was the basis of pt-emit-cplusplus.cc. Basically pt-pr-code gives you a good overview of variables contained in each class of the parse tree, variable that will be usefull in creating the code converter we've been talking about.

Another thing you could do to get a better feel for overall Octave code is to use a code doc system like Doxygen to generate nicely format documentation of the code. Especially valuable is the way in which doxygen displays class dependencies. Check out www.doxygen.org, if you need help, get back to me.

JD

Jens Ruecknagel wrote:

Hi JD Cole,

Thanks to you I am tracing through Octave and your .oct File - so the debugger looks up which header file a function comes from.

I Compiled Octave with -O0 and your oct file with -O0 (had to screw around in mkoctfile) - but now it works

By the way - somehow your code does not compile with octave 2.54 - so I downgraded to 2.50 - thats good enougth for right now in 2.54 the compiler complains about a not defined symbol in compile.cc f->functionname - didn`t want to look around for it.
I think there is no need for it right now.

Jens