Re: getstruct, setstruct, etc.

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: getstruct, setstruct, etc.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:04:25 -0400

On Jul 23, 2004, at 4:43 PM, Andy Adler wrote:

This seems to me to be pretty generic and the minimum of additional
work to maintain. The only issue is then where do the depreciated
files live? For example sort.cc still lives in FIXES. But maybe each
directory should have a depreciated directory where such files exist,
or should we have a single directory in the root for depreciated files?
Or maybe a combination of both?

I vote for a "deprecated" directory in each directory. It's clearer
that way. (Also, FIXES is a confusing name). I'll begin to do this
with the new getfield code.

Okay.  So FIXES goes away and we solve the problem of what
was changed with documentation.  Actually, in the case of functions
moving into octave they wouldn't belong in FIXES anyway since
they don't change Octave behaviour.

I see no reason for a deprecated subdirectory as opposed to
just leaving the files in the main package directory, but whatever.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden